[pct-l] Best PCT Milkshake

b j xthrow at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 10 13:33:12 CDT 2013

Dear Yogi,

I've got an urgent issue to bring forward and I just have to speak up amongst these serious conversations about life and death and search and rescue.  Just to put
a place to my name, I'm the woman who prepped awesome trail food then
'auctioned' off the extras at your trail angel tarp haven at Walker Pass this year.  (Thank you to you and others who created that respite by the way.)

I have found an error in your guidebook.  Apart from making great trail food, I know milkshakes... I know them from
thinking about them for miles and miles and miles... you know the drill.
And Belden Town's milkshake is NOT the best milkshake on the PCT as your data
book describes and as the sign boasts outside its establishment.  It may have been, but the information is out of date now.  Belden
uses a fruit syrup for their fruit milkshakes (my particular trail-time fantasy
obsession).  This makes the milkshakes sweeter than I prefer and the fruit is lost in the layers of processing.  I'm not dissing Belden Town's milkshakes -- I was thankful for them, but in light of the competition, they may have room for improvement.

Sierra City General Store, on the other hand, uses real fruit in their milkshakes and I'd vouch for them being the most amazing milkshakes on the trail this year.  Weighing myself in and out of Sierra City, I thankfully gained five pounds, mostly due to the five generous milkshakes I eagerly inhaled over the 24 hours I was there.  And each was just as good as the next.  On your next edit of your guide, I'd encourage you to highlight Sierra City's milkshakes as THE best on the PCT, upsurping Belden's glory days.  Perhaps a bit of milkshake rivalry along the PCT might enhance my trail-time milkshake dreams.  After all, it's all about me and my milkshakes.

-Porsche / Rhiannon