[pct-l] HikeFor - Partner needed in the US

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Tue Oct 15 20:19:51 CDT 2013

Hi Terry

I apologize if I wasn't clear with my message.  It never crossed my mind
that people might interpret it this way.

To be clear:

A) HikeFor is not a cause, it's a website that allows hikers to hike for
other causes.
B) HikeFor does not take a penny from the donations made, 100% of the funds
the hikers raise go directly to their chosen causes)
C) I'm not asking anyone for money. I've put several hundred hours into
developing the website, have covered all the costs myself, and am paying for
the costs (legal, bookkeeping, etc.) of registering it as a non-profit
myself.
D) The ONLY thing I am asking for is a small bit of NON-FINANCIAL assistance
from someone in the US who likes the project and has a bit of time to
participate in helping me get it registered as a 501(C)3 non-profit, mainly
by providing a US address for the registration.  I'm looking for a partner
who likes the project and wants to participate and support it with a small
amount of time, nothing more.

I didn't intend to lure anyone into helping with the promise of a "job."
Once the project is registered as a non-profit, there will be future
potential for sponsorship (from a company like MEC, for example) of its
operating costs so I don't have to continue paying them all myself, and at
that time there could be compensation for ongoing work.  I meant to suggest
this in the event a person felt strongly enough about the project to want to
participate in its growth more extensively, but all I was asking at this
point was for a very small amount of time to help with the next step of
becoming a registered non-profit.

I hope this makes things more clear and appeases any concerns you might
have, but if not, please let me know what concerns you have and how I can
address them.

- Paul "Potential 178" Mitchell.