[pct-l] Question about Halfmile's smartphone app

Dan Welch welchenergy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 20:04:19 CDT 2013

I didn't want to highjack Walljito's thread about Postholer maps- so I
started a new one...

For those of you who have used this app when out of cell tower range - Do
you get your location noted ON A MAP GRAPHIC? In other words are the maps
stored in phone memory so that - when you are unable to connect to the 'net
- the application is still useful?

I know some of the GPS apps only give you location coordinates (with no map)
when you are not connected to the 'net.  I believe Google maps is like that.
(Coordinates are still useful info - just not near as user friendly.)

When I run the Halfmile app with my wi-fi and cellular data off (and
therefore no internet connection) it doesn't seem to work on my iPhone.
Anyone have a different experience?

Thanks,
Timberline