[pct-l] What do you say to mountain bikers on the PCT?

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 16:48:22 CDT 2013

I think there must be some kind of campaign on or something because
we caught a poacher on a local trail just today. The only local trail
closed to mountain bikes.

I usually don't say anything. Over time I've kinda stopped caring,
mostly because they stay off that one trail and I know I can hike it
and not have to worry about bomber downhill bikers. But for some
reason it pissed me off today and I was tired of just being silent.
It's like in this stupid culture the more ridiculously brazen and
jerkwad-ish you can be the more chance you have of getting what you
want, so what's stopping me from being as big a jerk as I can be to
get what I want, too? I don't know if it's the right thing to do but
I hope that I made it seem just a little less fun to poach a trail
than he thought it might be, maybe made his day a little less
pleasant. But these guys love unpleasantness so I'm sure it only made
him want to do it again.

Oh well.