[pct-l] What do you say to mountain bikers on the PCT

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Mon Oct 28 02:09:03 CDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 8:15 PM, Nick Thelen <nthelen03 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> PS - I am still wondering how a photo/video will be of any use whatsoever in a rider receiving a citation....
> I mean, we all look like spazzy dressed alien bugs with our helmets/glasses/gloves and uber ugly attire. ;)

Documentation of trail conflicts is important, even if it does not
lead to a citation. The MTB folks regularly say that there is no
evidence of conflict, and use that as justification for opening
trails.

Documentation counters that argument. Documents every MTB encounter on
the PCT and report it to the USFS via their website