[pct-l] Pot/dishes cleaning

Sean Nordeen sean.nordeen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 21:08:41 CDT 2014

I'm a lazy camper.  I love hiking, but hate camp chores so I try to avoid
doing them.

As an example:  I hate setting up a shelter, so my shelter system is based
around the idea that I'll cowboy camp unless the weather won't permit it
and then I'll reluctantly put up a tarp.

And I especially hate cleaning dishes in camp, so I started using a method
of cooking called "Freezer Bag Cooking".  You can google that and find more
about it.  By only using my pot to boil water and then pouring it into a
freezer bag with my food to rehydrate, I don't have to clean the pot and I
can use a smaller and lighter pot.  Lately, I've been trying out going
"Cookless" for dinner where I don't even need to carry the pot or stove.

Laziness; the mother of all invention.

-Miner