[pct-l] Simply parking in a National Forest does not requireapermit

Luce Cruz lucecruz13 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 14:50:10 CDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 12:40 PM, JPL <jplynch at crosslink.net> wrote:

> A government agency can charge access fees, its part of their
> administrative responsibilities to make such decisions under the
> Constitution.  My local park charges a parking fee.  We may not like it (I
> don't), but its a significant source of revenue for the agency involved.
>  Whether or not a visitor uses any facilities or not.  And the driveway and
> parking area are certainly facilities.  I'd be surprised if its not
> overturned pretty quickly.

So I'm going to guess that many do not know what the requirements are under
a law passed by congress that allows the USDA/Forest Service to collect
fees and specifically addresses when a fee is or is not legal? Your local
park is under a different jurisdiction, but our federal lands are under
federal management, and they **must** follow federal law.

http://www.westernslopenofee.org/pdfuploads/Sedona_Meeting_Handout_FLREA_Excerpts.pdf

--
Luce Cruz