[pct-l] Fwd: Mountain Lion Attack- Hwy 74 & Navaho Rd, Perris, Ca.

Erin O batsandbears at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 15:35:00 CST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Erin O <batsandbears at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Mountain Lion Attack- Hwy 74 & Navaho Rd, Perris, Ca.
To: Luce Cruz <lucecruz13 at gmail.com>

Unlike bears or coyotes, cats don't eat garbage or leftovers. They're
strictly carnivores. If a guy was attacked. It was because he was dinner.

That being said, predators are very intelligent and adaptable. For example,
now that the sea ice is melting polar bears are eating the eggs of arctic
birds instead of seals and breeding with grizzly bears.

It' not outside the realm of probability for cougars to start hunting more
humans, especially with the severe drought, fires and other environmental
stressors.

erin