[pct-l] my secret to getting in shape

Marcia Powers gottawalk at me.com
Fri Feb 21 12:56:12 CST 2014

Diane said "Never too old"

You got that right! I am reading "what makes Olga run". She took up track and field events when she was 77! I want to know Olga's secrets, too.

On Feb 21, 2014, at 10:04 AM, Diane Soini <dianesoini at gmail.com> wrote:

My new secret to getting in shape is squats. Heavy squats. I’ve gotten them up to 150lbs, which is more than I weigh (at least I hope so), and man does that kind of strength make backpacking feel easy as pie. Someday I hope I can squat 175 or even more. I’m almost 50, too. Never too old.
Diane/Piper