[pct-l] Request for info and/or help: Campo north

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 24 20:50:58 CST 2014

Jim,

There is a couple at Lake Morena,
that gave me permission to publish their names as being bona fide trail
angels.
Their names are Tom and Darla Ross.
They live across the street from the campground (to the east)
in an A frame house (on a corner) at the intersection of Lake Shore Dr. and
Vine St.
The PCT trail is distinguishable and physically picked up one block north of
their house.

Some background:
In 2012, an unexpected snow storm struck the area, catching 16 thru hikers
off guard.
They should have been prepared for any weather contingency, but they weren’t.
The L.M. campground supervision refused to open the pavilion to the hikers.
How they came to know Tom and Darla is unknown,
but Tom and Darla took in the 16 hikers, and two very nice trail angels were
born.

I met them in 2012, and stayed with them (4 days) in 2013.
Tom gave me a ride back to the border in 2012,
when I realized I had forgotten to sign the trail register. Doh!

I’ll dig up their contact information from off of an old phone and or my PCT
address list,
(in a few minutes) and put it in a follow up post.

You can tell them that I recommended them to you.

<>Paint<>