[pct-l] Mountain Fire closure

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 9 21:40:21 CST 2014

I just got off the phone with my hiking buddy... he lives in Anza.

He mentioned that the PCT of yore used to follow Herkey Creek up the southeast side of RED TAHQUITZ.

Checking on the map provided... that- puts Herkey Creek’s tie-in to the PCT, dead in the middle of the fire closure.

He also said it was a beefy climb. That being said, is there any reason or value in considering Herkey Creek,

as a way up and around the big mountain? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks for the work thus far.

Note: Let’s get the trail repair/maintenance personnel body count, that’ll be needed to make the requisite trail repairs,

up on this board as soon as it’s requested. I think I can travel that way in the name of science,

and in support of the trail’s awesome spirit.

Get some!

<>Paint<>