[pct-l] 2014 or 2015

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.org
Tue Jan 14 16:57:05 CST 2014

Just want to add a comment regarding Gary's experience with a light snowpack
in CA in 2012 while a deeper one in Oregon:

Keep an eye on the storm track! While a High Pressure system sits in front
of CA, storms rotate over it into Oregon and Washington. This is what we had
in 2012 and why Gary had to deal with snow later in the summer in Oregon.

Right now, the High system is so large that storms are rotating over both CA
and Oregon and dumping their snow in Canada and Alaska. However, this is not
uncommon for early in the winter! Things can change. Just watch the storm
track and not just the sierra weather or snowpack assuming the further north
you go the snow will be melt out!

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
www.mountaineducation.org