[pct-l] PCT Maps

Glen Winters glenbwint at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 23:48:26 CST 2014

The 2014 maps are available at http://www.pctmap.net/. I'm going to be printing maps this year on a high speed color laser printer and hopefully future years. My website papercutprints.com is under construction so the shopping cart isn't set up yet. I can take payments through PayPal and will probably accept payments through Square store and maybe by phone although I would prefer not to have to deal with your credit card info directly. I'm offering to print maps for $65 plus shipping for the entire set. Yes, you can probably save around $10 if you do a group order of around 100 from GISI. I will be offering Sections and states at close to the same price per page plus shipping for section hikers.

I would like to test packaging and shipping, so for a short time the first 5 people (continental USA) to contact me will receive free shipping, either priority mail or UPS, in various packaging. I ask that you inform me of timeliness and condition of package on arrival so I will be able to use the best/most cost effective packaging and or shipping method. My personal experience is UPS tends to beat up packages, especially heavy ones, worse then the USPS, YMMV. I have just posted on FB PCT 2014 and I have 1 confirmed, one maybe order, so their are 3 or 4 left. After I have the shipping worked out I will be ready for orders. Shipping address should be your PayPal confirmed address to use the PayPal confirmed shipping guarantee.

Contact me off list for details. Feel free to call between 9 am and 9 pm mountain standard time  2 zero 8 six 1 five 3 two 2 seven.

I know there's always a few people every year who ask about printing on waterproof paper. I haven't tried using it in a laser printer, but RainWriter makes 2 different types of waterproof paper that should work. The cost of the paper would bring a per set cost up into the range of approximately $120 to $250 depending on which grade of paper. Note: This paper is sometimes used by scuba divers and can be used for writing underwater. The weight of the more expensive grade would probably be more then most want to carry, but it would last multiple hikes, possibly for many years if not folded and mutilated. You could use the blank sides that come on some of the sections for journals, notes to your friends, etc. and you could even write on them in the rain and leave a note without a plastic bag. It would be interesting to try some but I'm not quite ready to experiment on my dime yet. Realistically,  the regular laser copier paper will be adequate for most
 hikers, much better and cheaper then printing on a ink jet printer.

Happy Trails,
"Argentina"
Glen Winters