[pct-l] Going stoveless--coffee

River Malcolm river at orcasonline.com
Wed Jan 22 09:38:31 CST 2014

Meike --

I think maybe stoveless folks are just different than those who get such comfort
and delight from that hot cup of coffee. I knew even before I stepped out on the trail after reading emails that I would be content stove less. But for me at least mixing up the starbucks VIA the night before (I admit that in ice cold water it takes a few shakes!)
and sipping it first thing in the morning feels divine to me. I never minded that it was cold. In fact, at zero days I often preferred it to the not as good hot coffee served at restaurants.

Happy Trails!
River

From: Meike <dideldadum at web.de>
Subject: [pct-l] Going stoveless and resupply as you go

The biggest obstacle for me might be coffee... nothing better than
having a hot pot of black motivation and comfort watching sunrise after
packing up your tent. But thats more a psychological obstacle, and those
are made to overcome, aren't they?

Meike

Meike, I haven't tried this myself, but I read that those Starbucks instant
coffees dissolve in cold water.  Not the same as hot coffee, I know, but at
least you'd get your caffeine!