[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 73, Issue 24

lorna at ptera.net lorna at ptera.net
Wed Jan 22 10:20:34 CST 2014

Dear Sue Kettles (I guess this was from Sue!),

I have a Big Agnes Flycreek UL 2 platinum (2#,3 oz.), which is about the
same weight as the UL 1, and it worked nicely for me on the Colorado Trail.
It's a double-walled tent.  One drawback is that the door lets in some
precipitation when it is precipitating.  Otherwise it's LIGHT, AIRY (very
little condensation) and RAINPROOF.  I was in a slushy snowstorm with lots
of wind at a 13,600-foot elevation pass, and it kept me dry.   (One of the
scariest times of my trip.)

The platinum version is a bit pricey for the seven ounces saved.  Here is a
link to the regular version:
http://www.backcountryedge.com/big_agnes-fly-creek-ul-2.aspx?utm_source=GoogleMerch&utm_medium=dfm&utm_campaign=pla&utm_term={keyword}&gclid=CNCMjMyTkrwCFUiUfgod2kEAjw

And here's a link to the Platinum:
http://www.amazon.com/Big-Agnes-Creek-Platinum-Silver/dp/B007GK7JCY

--Lorna

"So -   I am wondering why someone can't make a double walled free standing
tent that is 40 inches high, and 36 to 40 inches wide, with a sil-ny rainfly
to make it lighter, -  and weigh around 2 1/2 lbs?  And not cost  over
250.00.   Is that too much to ask? Maybe its out there and I just don't know
what it is?"