[pct-l] 8/9-week section hike

stonedancer1 at aol.com stonedancer1 at aol.com
Thu Jan 23 17:31:36 CST 2014

About transportation to and within Yosemite:  Amtrak trains will get you to Merced.  Then YARTS bus will get you to Yosemite Valley, cheap and very pleasant ride.  During the summer, YARTS also runs up to Tuolumne Meadows. Check out the Yosemite Area Regional Transit website.  It's probably frowned on to hitchhike in Yosemite, but you might be able to talk someone into a ride, if YARTS isn't running.
The reverse route works too.  YARTS also connects east to Lee Vining in the summer, where you can take another regional bus up or down Hwy 395 to Mammoth/Bishop/Reno.

Stone Dancer

Publisher of AThru-Hiker's Heart, by No Way Ray Echols

" If  you're not living on the EDGE, you're taking up way too much space."