[pct-l] Conditions around Lake Tahoe

Michelle rayvenwahine at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 15:36:59 CDT 2014

I’m not sure when you were on the west side - you did the trail fast. I started 6/22 at Tahoe Meadows, went clockwise, and got off at Echo Chalet 6/28. The 27th & 28th from Big Meadow to Echo were the day after it rained, so it was definitely marshy & incredibly mosquito-infested.
You would love hiking with me, as I am one of those mosquito magnets. Despite using almost an entire pen of repellant in less than 16 hours, they were biting me through my (long-sleeved) shirt. They did not go through my pants, however, so that was thoughtful of them. :-p
I’m planning to go back and finish the 1st week of August when they should all be gone.