[pct-l] PCT Elevation Gain / Loss Stats

Rob Langsdorf sdscpcts at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 18:43:40 CST 2014

I have gone through the WP guidebook and noted that often in a two mile section between mile and elevation marks it is not unusual for the trail to go up 200' and back down 200' while the elevation marks in the WP guidebook would have indicated no change in elevation. When you add enough of these into your calculation you end up with a much greater elevation change than you get by just adding up the numbers form the WP guidebook.

                 Mataguay Connector Rob