[pct-l] Pct suggestions 7 days central California

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Fri Sep 12 13:12:08 CDT 2014

If you choose to go from Echo Lake on the PCT, there is a backpacker's
parking lot above the Echo Lake boat launching ramp where you can
leave your car

Make sure you get your wilderness permit for the Desolation Wilderness
early, as it is one of the most popular wilderness area in the Sierra.

Also, Bear Cans are recommended for that area, as there is quite a bit
of habituated Bear activity.

If you can hitch into Truckee then you can get back to Tahoe City via
TART. From there getting around the lake to South lake Tahoe is not
that difficult

Here is a bunch of shuttle information
https://tahoerimtrail.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82&Itemid=167