[pct-l] Hiking Section B next week, water?

Peggy Rice msrice27 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 13:23:34 CDT 2014

I am hoping to hike part of the PCT next week,  which I missed due to the
Mountain Fire closure in section B. I  skipped the area from Paradise Cafe
to Black Mountain Road out of Idyllwild.  My main concern is, of course,
water.  Are Live Oak Spring, the water at mile 181 on the San Jacinto
alternate (Willlow Creek or Wellman Cienaga?), or Deer Springs likely to
have water?  Is there any place to obtain water on the non-trail part of
the alternate (Hwy 74, Hurkey Creek Campground, May Valley Road)?

Any other thoughts on the alternate are also appreciated.

PegLeg