[pct-l] Rainy Pass confusion....open or closed

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Fri Aug 21 18:52:08 CDT 2015

​What I'm hearing from the weather guy is that the NW is supposed to have a
continued El Nino thing going on into next year. I hope he is wrong. That
will be a repeat of low snow and higher temps for the mts and drier for the
whole state. We would have the possibility of another high fire year in
2016. It is good for the SOBOS who get through the state early. Deal with a
little snow when you start instead of the fire and route closures later in
the summer and fall. Nothing is simple when hiking the PCT no matter which
direction you go.

Andrea Dinsmore
PCT MOM