[pct-l] phone charger hack

James Vesely JVesely at sstinternational.com
Tue Feb 10 10:16:51 CST 2015

There is no internal battery.  The phone battery plugs into the Anker charger and when it is charged you put it into your phone.

The charge board I installed is for a different chemistry Li-ion battery that has a nominal charge of 3.7 volts a cell phone battery (or at least a Samsung) has a 3.8 nominal voltage.   After you do a solar charge and put the battery into the phone it will read 98 percent charged, which I think is pretty good.

This could be remedied by buying a charge board with the correct charge voltage.  Either way it is a clean charge and undercharging a battery does it no harm, its overcharging that can cause problems.

Jim