[pct-l] shoe size - to change or not to change

Laura Reed 1pint2007 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 14:01:28 CST 2015

My personal experience is that my feet have not changed with long distance
backpacking.

However, I do buy larger shoes for trail activities than I wear for city
life. My heels/pumps/everyday shoes when I'm going to work at a city job
are the same size as they were before. My shoes for trail running or long
distance backpacking are anywhere from 1/2 to 1 1/2 sizes larger, depending
on brand, toe box size, etc.

good luck and happy hiking,
1Pint aka Laura
currently hiking in Antarctica
(well, I'm working here but they let me get out to hike every now and then)