[pct-l] Footwear

ambery-80243 at mypacks.net ambery-80243 at mypacks.net
Thu Jan 29 12:42:49 CST 2015

As someone who has super narrow feet myself, I would caution about starting out with shoes that are too big.  It's pretty hard to find low volume shoes to hike in as it is.  When you get a longer pair, you tend to get more volume too.  For me even a half size too big big makes me feel like I'm wearing clown shoes, and my feet slip and slide in the shoes causing blisters.  It's unstable and uncomfortable.  In 20 years of backpacking, my feet have never gotten any wider, and they don't grow noticeably in length when I'm on the trail.  I would start out with something that fits reasonably well, but maybe have a larger size you can order or have waiting to be sent to you if necessary.