[pct-l] Expected Life of Trail Runner Shoes (with Link)

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 9 00:26:18 CDT 2015

Thumper wrote:

What is the consensuses relative to the miles one can reasonable get from a
pair of trail runner shoes.  Specifically I use the ASICS GT2000 2 Trail and
the GT2000 3 Trail models.  While I do not know the lug specs they appear to
be twice the depth of the standard lugs used in their Standard GT2000 2 and
GT 2000 3 running shoes.

Based on 15 years of reading journals and talking to thrus I'd say 500-700
miles is about average.  I'd caution, though, against trying to squeeze
every last mile out of a beat-up pair of shoes.  I've seen a lot of people
injure themselves because they're trying to crank big miles in worn-out
shoes that don't have proper support any more.  Buy new shoes *before* your
old ones are killing you.

Eric