[pct-l] first pair of shoes

Dan Welch welchenergy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 07:38:49 CST 2015

I carried a pair of Crocs for stream crossings and for camp shoes.  I used
them for stream crossing exactly once - then decided it wasn't worth the
trouble.  The few times I had wet crossings I did it in my running shoes and
hiked them dry. The Crocs are pretty lightweight and worked well as camp
shoes (and also town shoes.)  Carrying an extra pair of shoes seems pretty
extravagant (to me) but I ALWAYS kept a dry pair of socks for sleeping.

Timberline