[pct-l] Trail Shirt: Silk or Synthetic or ?

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 5 07:48:25 CST 2015

All my trail shirts(collared,long sleeved and high SPF) have been synthetic. They don't smell.  I get smelly sure. But when washed it's fine. I actually went and smelled my current one to make sure I just wasn't used to it. With town nose-it is fine. Coverage,sun protection is the most important until you get to Oregon. Last shirt lasted over 4,000 miles. Got it at REI --nice zips, with air flow net inserts.  I put capilene layer over it when I need to be warmer. Usually carry thin capilene and thin fleece.
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone