[pct-l] Eating while backpacking...

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 3 20:52:45 CST 2015

*Instant Refried beans or black bean ,Tabasco ,in pre cooked yellow or blue corn taco shells ,(Trader Joes has them organic)a little Brewers yeast ,topped with either shredded cabbage you brought from town(lasts many days)or sprouts you grew in ziplock hanging off back of your pack. Avocado that has been ripening in your pack. Easy yummy.
•Also I eat lots of macadamia nuts cause they can either sweet or savory depending on what you combine with them ---very high in calories. Trader Joes has them unsalted. •Instant tabouli mixes up in cold water with dried tomatoes add sprouts or cabbage or lambs quarters or miners lettuce.  You'll have lots of that in the first 500 miles. Watch out for poison oak. They both grow near the water
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone