[pct-l] Packing back pack

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Sat Apr 16 15:02:11 CDT 2016

Mike,
After lots of trial and error, I now pack in inverse order of what I think I'll need first. So, sleeping bag and neoair go on the bottom, following by clothes bag (with jacket separate if expected to be needed). Then tent, food bag, and miscellaneous bag going in last. Make sure your tp is easily accessible. My closed cell pad is strapped on outside, since it can't be punctured and is used as a seat on breaks and at meals. My rain gear goes in a side pocket. Maps and trash bags (full) go in the large mesh pocket on the back. Crocs are strapped on outside also. You might want to tweak this each day, depending on what conditions you expect to encounter. E.g., tent near the top in mosquitoville; heavier jacket, gloves, microspikes, and balaclava readily accessible on snow. My snacks and GPS and camera go in built-in pockets on the hipstrap.

Have a great trip.
Mango