[pct-l] Bear Spray

Jeffrey Olson jjolson58 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 22:20:30 CST 2016

Count yourself lucky if you see a bear - especially in those places they
are hunted (which is most of the trail).  On a SOBO in early June one
year I saw eight between the border and Snoqualmie Pass. Four of them
never saw me and I just watched them eat.  The other four saw me and
vanished just as I noticed them.  There's no need for bear spray IMHO on
the PCT.

Jeff...