[pct-l] Colostomy bag

Charles Williams charlesnolie at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 18:05:20 CST 2016

I just saw a friend that was supposed to be hiking last summer. I saw him a couple months before he would have started his trip.  When I saw him this morning he said he was diagnosed with rectal cancer and was never able to go on his thru hike last summer.  He now uses a colostomy bag and is wondering if there is anyone that has done that he could talk to.  He still wants to hike, but is unsure of the hygene issues and his ability to wear a backpack with a waist belt.  We talked about going UL as many ultralighters don't have waist band son their packs.
If anyone has any experience with this sort of thing, please contact me privately so that I can refer him to you next time I see him.  He could really use something uplifting now.  He had the surgery 10 days ago.
Charles Williams