[pct-l] Heights // North of Scissors Crossing /// Re: Pct-L Digest, Vol 99, Issue 16

JCIL000-hiker@yahoo.com topsecretemail2011 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 10:48:04 CDT 2016

I'm no fan of exposure to falls / cliffs.
So I would remember if there were any such area just north of Scissors Crossing andthere were none. In fact, I can't think of any exposed areas between the Mexican border(officially the International Border) and Warner Springs.
As far as debris / roots making for dangerous footing, I do recall a man who was found deceasedin his sleeping bag at the bottom of some part of the PCT. It was theorized that he hadslipped, fallen or rolled down and once at the bottom was unable to extract himself due toa broken spine / back. He managed to get into his bag for warmth. He was a retired medicaldoc as I recall. And, the investigation seemed to point to a simple trip on tree roots as the instigator of the fall / roll. Fatigue is dangerous. Its when you're tired that you are most at risk.
Day Early