[pct-l] Current conditions?

Tim Crum 4140lcl at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 21:30:21 CDT 2016

Regarding posts concerning alternate routes (i.e. Black Mt. Alternate,
etc)., Does anyone know current conditions of the trail on Mt. San Jacinto
and Fuller Ridge. A week ago I was well south but could see San Jacinto and
from the south it looked clear (San Gregorio not so much). As well, the
NOAA snow layer maps show both clear, but I know there can still be patches.
On a Mt. San Jancinto forum, posts indicate enough snow to warrant spikes
in the morning but these seem to be above the trail. I have posted a
similar question there but no reply as yet.
Is there snow/ice on the trail in these sections, and do I need foot
traction? or an ice axe?

Thanks ahead for any info

Tim