[pct-l] SB Section hike-Mckenzie Pass to Hwy 140 Fish Lake

Herb Stroh HStroh at sjmslaw.com
Wed Oct 19 15:01:44 CDT 2016

Need a diversion from politics so am planning my 2017 southbound section hike: McKenzie Pass (1981.3) to Fish Lake (1770.9).

I can go whenever-opinions as to the best time of year?

I will be using the train to get to the trailhead and return home. I can get off at the Amtrak Station in Chemult or Eugene and will hitch or look for other transportation to McKenzie. I assume Eugene will provide more options-right? Finally, is a hitch from the trailhead at Hwy 140 to Klamath Falls feasible, i.e. sufficient traffic to catch a lift?

Thanks.

Herb