[pct-l] Permits 2017

Luce Cruz lucecruz13 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 15:22:59 CDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 12:51 PM, James Vesely <veselyjames at gmail.com>
wrote:

> https://www.outsideonline.com/2087776/what-are-all-these-hikers-doing-pct
>
>   Let me ask
> everyone's opinion?  Would you enjoy backpacking as much if everywhere you
> go you were to unable to find a solitary or near solitary place?

Since this is a PCT list, ...

Personally, I wouldn't go to the PCT for solitude. There are much more less
advertised and taken advantage of places I go to for that. Before Wild I
reasonably expected to not find solitude on an internationally famous trail.

I understand the desire to save the more wild places from excess humanity,
but that just can't happen on a very thin corridor, the majority of which
is beyond the reach of any normal regulation or law enforcement activities
and access.

Just my opinion, which you asked for.

Luce Cruz, and losing more of 'em as I go