[pct-l] International Thruhiker needs help with ATT gophone

Stefan Popa stefan.popa at gmx.net
Mon Apr 10 13:32:23 CDT 2017

Hello, perhaps anyone can help me with ATT Gophone.

I have an LG K220 cell phone. It is unlocked and can operate on the UMTS
Frequencies 850 Mhz / 1900 Mhz.

The Gophone Website says that is sufficient to be compatible.

Chatpartner says IMEI is uncompatible / unknown, i have to buy new phone.

When i try to order the sim card it says: Plan must be choosen.

Can anyone please give me an advise how i can get this sim card ?

Or is it better to go to the ATT Shop in San Diego to get it ?

Thanks in advance

Stefan