[pct-l] Epic snowyear: K10 Crampons --> boots mandatory ?

Scott Diamond scott.diamond.mail at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 13:57:37 CDT 2017

Hi Stefan,

I used K10 last year on the PCT (of course there were not many places that
I needed to put them on last year). They worked fine with my trail shoes.
Once one they provide a high level of confidence but they are somewhat of a
pain to put on/take off. You might consider having a pair of microspikes in
reserve to be mailed to you when you get further north. Microspikes are
much easier to deal with (easy on/off and easy to pack).

I'd bring crampon & ice axe for San Jacinto this year but maybe the locals
have better info than I do.

       -Rover