[pct-l] Fires

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Tue May 2 16:10:28 CDT 2017

Please read the PCT website. It campfires are not allowed on the PCT in the back country. Alcohol stoves and other stoves can and have turned into "camp fires". Who would want to take that chance? For years and years there have been polite discussions of hikers behavior. And then there's another fire and another fire and another fire and....
One of the suggestions has been lets just call out bad behavior. That is what I am doing. The trail will last,hopefully, long after this year's hikers have gone home. Let's leave it intact. HYOH does not apply to harmful behavior that hurts animals,insects,trees,
plants---the trail.
We are temporary visitors with a responsibly to care for the trail.
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone