[pct-l] Hiking Boots vs Trail Runners for Sierra 2017?

John Papini jtpapini at icloud.com
Thu May 25 00:06:43 CDT 2017

I hiked the Sierras last year in June, admittedly a much lower snow year. But there was snow, for sure.

Given how many streams I padded through, I would be reluctant to recommend proper hiking boots unless your friends enjoy hiking with wet feet. I assume they have micro spikes or crampons made for trail runners?

(As an aside: the streams are so COLD. Even streams ankle deep, if more than a few feet wide, would cause my feet to numb by the time I crossed. Nothing for which you can prepare or need worry, I don't think, but it was something unexpected and peculiar and has stuck in my memory).

Woodstock

Sent from my iPhone