[pct-l] Confused

Jim Banks JimLBanks at verizon.net
Wed Oct 11 12:40:09 CDT 2017

David, the list serve (is that what people still call it?) is not as active
as it was in the past as the technology moves away from email to the web and
places like Facebook.  However, at least in my opinion, you will get much
better information on this list serve than on Facebook.  The people on the
list serve tend to be more experienced hikers and mostly older than the
Facebook crowd.   That is not to say that you shouldn't use Facebook (each
year there is a Facebook page for that years' hikers, but anyone can join).
Because so many more hikers use Facebook during the "hiking season," there
will be a lot more information on Facebook especially about current trail
conditions.

This list serve is what we make of it.  The more people post questions and
information, the better.  So ask as many questions as you like, if it is
even remotely trail related, someone will have some information for you.

I-Beam