[pct-l] PCT-L

William E Frenette groundpounderbill22 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 29 14:51:38 CDT 2018

I'm still here just Lurking, LOVING life in IDAHO ,no more socal

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Sunday, October 28, 2018 Reinhold Metzger <reinholdmetzger at cox.net> wrote:
Say Switchback, Just got back from extended vacation in Hawaii and noticed just 1 post for all of October, so far, on the PCT-L. It looks like the list is dying a slow death since you and I stopped sharing our many years of hard earned  hiking experiences during a time when "Hard Core Mountain Men" like Switchback & Reinhold dared to roam around in the wilderness and bears were nervous. Yes, a time when Switchback & Reinhold tamed the wilderness caring everything they needed to survive in the wilderness in "steel frame packs" to make the wilderness safe for the current crop of hikers strolling around on trails in UL Packs eating things like dehydrated food and Tootsy Rolls. We needed to eat heavier things with more "horse power" like Grits & Beans & Grizzly Bears. Yes, thinks have really changed since Switchback & Reinhold roamed the trails...and the list, especially the women, really seemed to to be interested in what hard core mountain men had to say, enjoyed listening to your words of wisdom and hiking humor and responded accordingly and keep the list interesting & entertaining. Now with you gone, the list is dull and dead........The list needs you Switchback                               COME  BACK  SWITCHBACK  & RESURRECT  THE  LIST  TO  IT'S  FORMER  GLORY!!!! JMT Reinhold --- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus _______________________________________________ Pct-L mailing list Pct-L at backcountry.net To unsubscribe, or change options visit: http://mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/pct-l List Archives: http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/ All content is copyrighted by the respective authors. Reproduction is prohibited without express permission.