[at-l] WB

Sloetoe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 11:17:51 CST 2007

###
Whiteblaze is serious; at-l is friendly; depends on
what you want. You can make friends on serious
Whiteblaze, and you can get info on sociable at-l, and
in either place, it helps to walk your talk.

(That having been said, I haven't visited Whiteblaze
at least a year, nor have I been backpacking, nor hit
a SoRuckPaRuckTrailDazeGathering even. Wuz *that*
say?)
Talkin'notwalkin'toe

So what's the hiker version of "all hat and no
cattle"? All pack and no rattle?
All boot and no dirt?
All toque and no ______?
All gorp and no grit?
All talk and no miles?   (That'd be me, it seems...)

I need to go for a walk....

--- Jim Bullard <jim.bullard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Me too. I joined WhiteBlaze but hardly ever look at
> it. I'm also on an
> Adirondack BB style list. I rarely look at that
> either. I like having
> the posts sent to my email. If I don't want to read
> something it's
> easy to delete but hunting through a BB to find what
> I do want to read
> is a PITA.

Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.