[at-l] Upstate NY/Toronto Vacation

Bror8588 at aol.com Bror8588 at aol.com
Tue Jan 8 15:26:50 CST 2008

In a message dated 2008-01-08 15:31:30 Eastern Standard Time,
bluetrail at aol.com writes:

Gee, I  didn't mean to offend anyone.  I'm terrified of NYC--have only been
there  once.  Rube that I am, I thought anything north of halfway up the state
was upstate.  I stand corrected.

Well, it all depends on your orientation.  Here in NYC we think  anything
north of the Bronx is "Upstate."  Those who live in Westchester  Country (just
north of NYC) think that upstate is the Catskills and beyond and  so it goes.

Those who live near the Canadian Border think that NY is Downstate (Why
those people are almost Canadian in their thinking).

Don't be afraid of NYC.  It is a wonderful place to visit.  Come  and see --
lots of hikers here!

Jack Skylander