[at-l] RE Safety of Trail parking

Charles W. Davidson chaseat99 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 06:49:51 CDT 2009

You could leave your car at Jeff and Nancy Hoches motel a few miles down the road. I have stayed there several times when I passed through. Got shuttles north and south of the area too. Call ahead or email them contact info in you ALDHA Companion. They have been there for me in late December with prior notice. I have also parked in the parking lot with no problem. The area is under close watch. You can also check on the ATC web site for current information on all reported vandalism in AT parking lots.

Chase

Does anyone have an opinion about how safe it is to park my car at Fontana Dam while I do a 4-5 days hike?? If there are alternative to leaving it at the Dam i open to that also.?