[at-l] 5

Victor Hoyt vnhoyt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 20:23:58 CDT 2010

On Jun 12, 2010, at 7:23 PM, Felix J wrote:

> Well, it's coming up on a year since I asked this question "What are
> your 5 favorite shelters on the AT?"

I'm definitely not a fan of shelters, being somewhat anti-social. But, I really loved the old Goddard shelter. I haven't been up there since the new one was built. I remember one night I spent there, it must have been around 1989. A thunderstorm passed right over the shelter, and I watched it as it blew southeast right over my house on the Connecticut River in Massachusetts, many miles away. Meanwhile, the sun was shining on Goddard.

Lovely place.