[at-l] on the road, with crutches

RockDancer rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 25 08:06:55 CDT 2011

My post-hike recovery near Harpers Ferry has gone well and I'm moving on tomorrow to the next phase. I've had about a week to practice left-foot driving and I'll be fine, I think, when I hit the road to return to the Boston area.

I used some of the time here to volunteer at the ATC office, working on a database project. That kept my mind off the topic of wanting to hike and regretting this broken foot. Now, after 19 days, I don't need to pamper myself quite as much.

If I can manage it I'll be resting in Boston for a couple of days and then heading to NH or ME to do some trail magic. It would be nice to see some of the trail family that I hiked with this year. I'm not sure how I can manage to camp with crutches so I'll be a bit more flexible about using motels/hostels, etc.

Perhaps I can encourage Stitches to come along for the fun of it!

Thanks to Laurie, Greg, Poptart, Laces & others at the ATC office. And super thanks to the trail angels who have put me up, fed me, transported me, etc. during all this. Mother Hen & Keymosabe are the trail angels who picked me up at the emergency room in Great Barrington and hosted me for 2 days/2 nights, and then got up at 5:30 am to put me on a train that brought me to Harpers Ferry. Awesome folks, them!

Arthur Gaudet (RockDancer)
Rockdancer97 at comcast.net
"The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon."