[at-l] Quantifying love (was Wind Chill)

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 10:42:18 CST 2012

I remembered someone has been trying to quantify love using brain scans so
I googled and found all sorts of attempts from brain scans to changes in
neurochemistry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_basis_of_love
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/24/love-on-the-global-brain/
http://neuroesthetics.org/html/ArtsAndMinds.html

Regardless of these attempts, I still agree with you.  Even if love is
eventually quantifiable, it's still likely a waste of time.  Ugh, can you
imagine a society where your love has to be quantified before getting a
marriage license?  I suppose it could cut down on green card fraud but for
the rest of us, can you say "big brother is watching?"

Now, trying to make this AT related and failing miserably...  So, back to
your regularly scheduled programming...

Mara

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor