[at-l] peak bagging the Whites

RockDancer rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 19 20:10:57 CDT 2013

I recently received this bit of news about a hiker achievement that many may find incredible. I know when I first achieved the patch for doing the NH 4000 Footers I was particularly pleased with myself. Here's a hiker who has just completed the list of 48 mountains for the 48th time!

I'll leave it to others to figure the total mileage & total ascent & then compare to an AT thruhike. I'll make a stab and estimate it's equivalent to 5 hikes of the entire AT for distance; and equivalent to 10 AT hikes for total ascent. And one of the "equivalent AT hikes" is done in Winter conditions.--RD

"Yesterday, Sunday, June 9, 2013, Tim Muskat(Formerly know as Grid Finisher #6 ) completed his "4th GRID" of the NH 48.

Tim has now hiked the "48" NH four thousand footers "FOUR TIMES" in "Every Calendar Month".(12 X 48 = 576 ) X 4 = 2304

On this day, Tim completed his "4th GRID", on the summit of Mt Moriah.  On an out & back hike via the Stoney Brook & Carter-Moriah trails."