[at-l] Another Hiker Down!

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 13:45:11 CDT 2013

Yes! I once ran the Boulevard Trail -- and as it was my first time on it, I can tell you I slowed down even more than my usual slowness, right at that pinchpoint you describe. The question went through my head: what do they do in winter?

The AT was routed to go past Charlies Bunion way back when... if you take the thinner parts of what is now a bypass, and nibble a few more feet off of them, you'd approach the little ziggy-zaggy to which T.Fort and I refer. Friable (breakable/broken) rock, steep pitch, slow-motion falls ready to happen.

I tread lightly 'round there...
'toe