[cdt-l] resupply planning

Anitra Kass at_anitra at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 19:39:07 CDT 2007

Gloves,
  I believe I heard that Helena did have a healthy food store/Co-op sort of thing.  I haven't been there but maybe Disco or Good To Go can elaborate on this if they read this post.
  NITRO

bethany <baxtman at gmail.com> wrote:
  hi all.

i'm planning on heading north the beginning of may, so i'm in the midst
of all the planning details right now. a few questions for the veterans:

* do you remember any towns along the way that had exceptionally good
food shopping? i'm referring especially to non-safeway options, like a
large food co-op or other alternative food stores with good prices?
ashland was great on the pct and i was able to do almost all my shopping
for oregon and washington there in a day. any suggestions??

* any major sections where i should plan on higher/lower miles than
average? again, i'm kind of referencing the pct where the conventional
wisdom seemed to be: plan on going slower from kennedy meadows to sonora
pass, plan on going faster through oregon. i don't remember seeing
anything similar about the cdt... perhaps because each section has it's
own variety of challenges so that it all evens out? or not??

thanks in advance...

bethany
(gloves, pct05)